Terms and conditions - Opera Australia competition (now expired)
Terms and Conditions – Newsletter subscriber competition - Opera Australia tickets + headphones giveaway.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to the terms and conditions of the Luxury Travel magazine Newsletter Subscriber Opera Australia competition. All entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. The Promoter is Magnesium Media, publisher of Luxury Travel magazine.
2. Competition entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. To enter:
Entrants must be subscribers to the Luxury Travel magazine weekly update newsletter, and submit a 25-word or less response to the question "what is your best Sydney Opera House memory?". Entries must be completed during the Entry Period.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person throughout the entry period.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. The competition commences at 17.00 (AEDST) on 21/10/2016 and closes at 23.59 AEST 31/10/2016 (“Entry Period”). The Promoter reserves the right to alter the Entry Period without notice if impacted by unforeseen scheduling changes.
10. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the end date will not count towards the competition.
11. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on originality and creativity. The best entry as determined by the judges, will win a prize.
12. Judging will take place from 12:00pm (AEST) on 1/11/2016 at Magnesium Media, Level 2, 68 Moncur Street, Woollahra NSW 2025. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from Magnesium Media.
13. The winner of the prize draw will be notified by email with details on how to redeem this prize, and the winner’s name will be published on www.luxurytravelmag.com.au.
14. Each entry will be included with an answer, not exceeding 25 words, to the question: What is your favourite Sydney Opera House memory?
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications.
18. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
19. The best five valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win a double-pass to the Opera Australia performance of Sydney Opera House – The Opera (The Eighth Wonder) at 7.30pm on Thursday, November 3rd 2016 at the Sydney Opera House, and a pair of Audio-Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX7 in-ear headphones. Each prize is valued at $449.95. The total prize pool is valued at $2,249.75.
20. The prize is for double pass and headphones only, and no transport or other services are included in the prize beyond this. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to make their own travel arrangements to redeem the prize by attending the performance.
21. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, not redeemable for cash and the double-pass to be taken on the specified date, Thursday 3rd November 2016 at 7.30pm. No transfers, refunds or cash redemptions will be available if the prize-winner is unavailable or unable to attend the performance on the specified date.
22. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Prize must be taken by the winner and his/her companion at the same time. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will not be redeemable for cash. Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
23. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
24. In the event of a promoter other than Magnesium Media cancelling any event related to this prize, Magnesium Media cannot be held responsible.
25. If for any reason the winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
26. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
27. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
28. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
29. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
30. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
32. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
33. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity, research and profiling purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter. You can contact the Promoter to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Magnesium Media, Level 2, 68 Moncur Street, Woollahra NSW 2025, Australia.
34. The Promoter is Magnesium Media of Level 2, 68 Moncur Street, Woollahra, NSW 2025. ABN 86 066 598 427. Phone number: (02) 9302 0255.
This competition is now closed.