2017 Gold List Terms & Conditions
By voting in the Luxury Travel magazine Gold List Awards 2017, and/or entering the associated competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to the terms and conditions of the Gold List Competition for Luxury Travel magazine. All entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. Gold List voting is open to everyone aged 18 years or over. However, entry to the prize draw is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Only one vote is allowed (and counted) per person.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, agencies associated with this promotion and businesses listed on the survey are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. To enter the competition:
Entrants must fill out at least one category in the online Gold List 2017 questionnaire, as well as Question 36 during the Entry Period. Any entrant who has not completed Question 36 will be disqualified from competition entry.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one (1) entry permitted per person throughout the promotional period.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. The competition commences at 00.01 (AEDST) on 22/02/2017 and closes at 23.59 AEST 02/4/2017 (“Entry Period”). The Promoter reserves the right to alter the Entry Period without notice if impacted by unforeseen scheduling changes.
10. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the end date will not count towards the competition.
11. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on originality and creativity. The best entry as determined by the judges will win the major prize, “The Ultimate Australian Getaway”, and the second best entry as determined by the judges will win the minor prize, “A Luxurious Balinese Getaway”. The total prize pool is valued at up to A$13,700 as of 21/2/2017.
12. Judging will take place from 12:00pm (AEST) on 07/04/2017 at Magnesium Media, Level 1, 18 Grosvenor Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from Magnesium Media.
13. The winners of the prize draw will be notified by email with details on how to redeem their prizes, and the winners’ names will be published on www.luxurytravelmag.com.au.
14. Each entry will be included with an answer, not exceeding 25 words, to the question: "For some people, luxury travel means having all of your needs met and being able to relax, and for others it's about having an extraordinary travel experience. In 25 words or less, tell us what's your idea of luxury travel?"
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications.
18. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
19. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges will win the major prize “The Ultimate Australian Getaway” which is accommodation for three nights (for two people) in an ultra-luxury One-Bedroom Pool Suite at One&Only Hayman Island in Hayman Island, QLD, and mid-week accommodation for two nights (for two people) in an ultra-luxury Heritage Villa with private pool at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, in the Blue Mountains, NSW. The prize is valued at up to A$10,000 as of 21/2/2017.
The accommodation at One&Only Hayman Island includes daily breakfast for two, return yacht transfers for two people between Great Barrier Reef Airport and One&Only Hayman Island, and use of non-motorised watersports and select resort activities. The accommodation at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley includes gourmet breakfast, lunch and dinner daily including selected local wines and beers and two on-site nature-based activities from the scheduled activities.
20. The second best valid entry, as determined by the judges will win the minor prize “A Luxurious Balinese Getaway” which is accommodation for five nights accommodation in a Singaraja Room at Intercontinental Bali Resort, including daily breakfast for two people. The prize is valued at up to A$3700 as of 21/2/2017.
21. Flights, spending money, taxes and levies, surcharges, insurance, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges, food and beverages not included in clause 19 and all other ancillary costs are not included. Winners may be required to present credit card at time of accommodation check in. Any additional/ancillary costs incurred whilst staying at each property must be paid for by the winner and/or companion (as incurred) prior to check out.
22. For the Major Prize, the voucher for three nights’ accommodation at One&Only Hayman Island is valid from 15/5/2017 to 15/11/2017, and the voucher for two nights’ mid-week accommodation at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is valid from 15/5/2017 to 31/3/2018. Reservations are subject to availability and exclude major holiday periods such as Festive Season, Easter and Public Holidays. This voucher is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The three nights at One&Only Hayman Island is to be taken as a total package, and the two nights at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is to be taken as a whole package – the accommodation at each property can be booked consecutively or separately within the valid period, but not simultaneously or with overlapping dates. Any variation in length of stay or suite category will require settlement of the additional tariff directly by guest. Any additional charges must be settled prior to departure. Retail rates apply as valid at time of stay.
The minor prize is valid to be taken until 17th February 2018, and is subject to room availability (to be determined upon making a reservation), and excludes high and peak seasons. The reservation must be made at least two weeks prior to arrival date. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, not redeemable for cash and to be taken as a total package. Any variation in length of stay or suite category will require settlement of the additional tariff directly by guest. Retail rates apply as valid at time of stay.
23. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary.
24. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Prize must be taken by the winner and his/her companion at the same time. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will not be redeemable for cash. Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
25. Travel insurance is not included, but is strongly recommended. It is the winner’s (and his/her companion’s) personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas with sufficient validity, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her companion.
26. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
27. In the event of a promoter other than Magnesium Media cancelling any event related to this prize, Magnesium Media cannot be held responsible.
28. If for any reason the winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
29. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
30. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
31. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
32. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
33. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
34. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
35. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
36. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity, research and profiling purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter. You can contact the Promoter to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Magnesium Media, Level 1, 18 Grosvenor Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
37. The Promoter is Magnesium Media, Level 1, 18 Grosvenor Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia. ABN 86 066 598 427. Phone number: (02) 8705 5463.