2016 Gold List Terms & Conditions (now expired)
VOTING IN THE 2016 GOLD LIST AWARDS HAS CLOSED
By voting in the Luxury Travel magazine Gold List Awards 2016, and/or entering the associated competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to the terms and conditions of the Gold List Competition for Luxury Travel magazine. All entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. Gold List voting is open to everyone aged 18 years or over. Only one vote is allowed (and counted) per person. However, entry to the prize draw is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, agencies associated with this promotion and businesses listed on the survey are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. To enter:
Entrants must fill out the online Gold List 2016 questionnaire, including Question 36 during the Entry Period. Any entrant who has not completed Question 36 will be disqualified.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Only one (1) entry permitted per person throughout the promotional period.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. The competition commences at 00.01 (AEDST) on 08/10/2015 and closes at 23.59 AEST 22/1/2016 (“Entry Period”). The Promoter reserves the right to alter the Entry Period without notice if impacted by unforeseen scheduling changes.
10. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the end date will not count towards the competition.
11. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on originality and creativity. The best entry as determined by the judges, will win a prize.
12. Judging will take place from 12:00pm (AEST) on 14/03/2015 at Magnesium Media, Level 2, 68 Moncur Street, Woollahra NSW 2025. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges from Magnesium Media.
13. The winner of the prize draw will be notified by email with details on how to redeem this prize, and the winner’s name will be published on www.luxurytravelmag.com.au.
14. Each entry will be included with an answer, not exceeding 25 words, to the question: "Which activity would you most look forward to experiencing during a stay at Saffire Freycinet and why?"
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications.
18. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
19. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges will win accommodation for two nights (for two) in a Private Pavilion at Saffire Freycinet in Tasmania. The prize is valued at up to A$7,000 as of 07/10/2015. The prize includes all meals, mini bar, all Saffire complimentary experiences, plus a Schouten Island half-day signature experience for two and a luxury car hire for the duration of stay.
20. Flights, spending money, taxes and levies, surcharges, insurance, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Winner may be required to present credit card at time of accommodation check in. Any additional/ancillary costs incurred whilst staying at the hotel must be paid for by the winner and/or companion (as incurred) prior to check out.
21. The prize is valid for 12 months from the draw date, subject to availability, with the following black-out dates: 19 December 2015 - 4 January 2016, 25 March - 11 April 2016. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, not redeemable for cash and to be taken as a total package. Any variation in length of stay or suite category will require settlement of the additional tariff directly by guest. Retail rates apply as valid at time of stay.
22. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in agreement with the winner but in the event that agreement cannot be reached, the Promoter reserves the right to determine the itinerary.
23. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Prize must be taken by the winner and his/her companion at the same time. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will not be redeemable for cash. Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize or an element of the prize at the time stipulated, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
24. Travel insurance is not included, but is strongly recommended. It is the winner’s (and his/her companion’s) personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas with sufficient validity, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her companion.
25. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
26. In the event of a promoter other than Magnesium Media cancelling any event related to this prize, Magnesium Media cannot be held responsible.
27. If for any reason the winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
28. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
29. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
32. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
33. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
34. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) may be required to sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
35. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity, research and profiling purposes including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter. You can contact the Promoter to gain access to your personal information by writing to The Privacy Officer, Magnesium Media, Level 2, 68 Moncur Street, Woollahra NSW 2025, Australia.
36. The Promoter is Magnesium Media of Level 2, 68 Moncur Street, Woollahra, NSW 2025. ABN 86 066 598 427. Phone number: (02) 9302 0255.